Sunday 24 August 2008

Oh god I've got to get out of bed and do some work

My hotel is dead posh, with lights that come on automatically as you walk around, LCD touch screens that control lights, curtains and great food delivered by room service. Sadly, after two days of bumming around in my swanky room getting over my jet lag I had to get up and do stuff today.

I started off with breakfast in bed (my fave perk of being on tour!). Massive plate of strawberry pancakes, Sunday paper. All very nice until I knocked the jug of maple syrup over the bed and stood up to find the duvet stuck to my arse.

Maple syrup is really hard to wash off your skin, and I'm probably not very popular with housekeeping after the state they found my bed in.




First two events of the Melbourne Writers Festival today. First was just me in the main festival theatre, followed by a big signing. The second was a panel event with two Aussie authors who write quite literary highbrow kids fiction, which is a bit of a contrast to my style of random violence and bum jokes.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who turned up!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rabbitdrive said...

Could you still get to sleep with those lights turning on every time you turn around in bed? :P

Anon Anon said...

Any chance of a transcript of the panel chat at some point?

Jess the Reader said...

Thanks for all the updates Robert! It was great to meet you at the festival, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your events there.
I'm so excited with my signed books, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

i get that same feeling every time i get up and realize i cant stay in bed forever and then i have cofee and a shower and miserably walk 2 school not that any1 cares

so have a happy stay

Anonymous said...

cant wait till you come to perth...

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, i was in that crowd somewhere, and i hadn't even read the books, but now i'm up to MVB. Good to meet you, even if i didn't...