Monday 25 August 2008

Blah, blah, blah, OMG Vanilla Coke *EXPLODES*


Still in Melbourne. Another day starting with an nice talk back in the BMW Edge theatre, but today it's for school kids. Then touring around local bookshops signing stock, then a radio interview.

Then about 7pm I get back to my hotel and walk into a Seven Eleven to buy some munchies for my room. There sitting in the fridge at the back is Vanilla Coke. They made it in the UK for about 18 months, but then stopped but out here in Aus they still seem to sell it.

First pic is proof of Vanilla Coke in the wild. Second shows my expression after trying my first mouthful (actully it shows what happens when you pull silly faces while trying to show your publicity person how to use your camera...)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Rob,
Vanilla Coke is awesome.
Im surprised they stopped making it in the UK.

Do you reckon they have it in Monaco? :P (CF thread)

See you on Saturday!

Bryce

Anonymous said...

hehe robbeh! vanilla coke is everywhere here! can i listen to ur radio interview, and you shud send me some merch as you wont come to my town :P

kizacolo on da forums

Anonymous said...

YES! Rob's exploded ^_^

Anonymous said...

he rob,should try coke with cherry

any coke in dubai

bought entreanmiento basico today (the recruit in spanish)

is ok,me want merch as I cant get it in spain

Anonymous said...

I could totally send you like, barrels of Vanilla Coke if you'd like. ^__^

We have a crapload of it over here in the US.

Glad to see that your trip's going moderately well [Except for the whole syrup thing. xD]

Anonymous said...

:o
how DARE they!
Us aussies have it by the bucketloads here.
Now, where did my teeth get to?

handyandy164 said...

have you tried coke with lime??
Its insane!
Also, just read The General. Its sweet! Read it overnight -_- Im soo tired ! :P
Rob, why are you only in Syliva Park (Auckland) for only 30 mins? Its soo far away from my house, and I have all the books ( I live on North Shore, about 1 hours drive from Sylvia Park. Maybe ask your tour director person thingy if you can put up a signing at Albany Borders Book Shop? Now, THAT would be better. Thats about 15 minutes drive :P. Hope you read this Rob.)

Cheers, and thanks for the great series

~ Andrew

Anonymous said...

I haven't had Vanilla Coke for ages, it was amazing though.