Sunday 7 September 2008

The final Hummer ride.







Another early start, another aeroplane, another customs form and another customs officer saying, 'So you write children's books do you?' while suspiciously raising one eyebrow.

The best thing about Brisbane is that after all the rain and cold weather, it's warm and sunny and I finally feel like I'm in Australia!

After checking into my hotel (eighth of the tour so far) I headed off for the final Hummer event. The car wasn't as fancy as the Melbourne and Sydney ones, but the kids were a great bunch.

We ended up at the Riverbend bookstore where I arrived to find the huge queue in the pictures above. Stepping out of a stretch Hummer in front of a massive queue of cheering CHERUB fans was definitely the most rock starrish moment of my life so far!

Finally a special mention to the two girls in their homemade CHERUB shirts, complete with my interesting vegetables page on the back!

Just one school event and one interview tomorrow morning before the tour ends. Then I have a week to enjoy the sun properly!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry rob, i was there. There was absolutey no cheering at all. It was completely silent. Some guy in a vest was yelling at some kids, but that was it. Stunned silence. Nothing else.

Anonymous said...

WOW! i soooooo want one of those AWESOME t shirts!!!

random girls in cool t shirts, please can I buy one?

Anonymous said...

hey this is emily: the random chick in the awsum t shirts. my other mate was Jen. thx robert for givin us a shout out, it feels really sweet bein on the website!WOW i wouldnt even believe for a second that they wuld actually put us on but yerr.it waz great meeting him. And um yer to mad fan no. 3, theyre really easy to make but jen made them so i dont know how to do them!.. but ar how much do u want for them?lol
thx again robert,...

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Jen the other chick with the awesome Cherub shirts. Thank you so much Robert for putting us on your site. My friends said We were dorky to turn up in those shirts but you showed them. Anyway mad fan no. 3 (and anyone else) if you really do want to have one of those shirts please email me on robertno.1fan@yahoo.com

Once again thank you so much robert I will hopefully email soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!

i tried to email you but it didn't work. I really really like your T shirts, they're sooo creative!

email me on ella_p-t@hotmail.com and we'll hope it works this time!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob!
I was a the book signing and was the one that gave you the card. I was second in line. Did you like it? And don't listen to swedish meatball there was heaps of screaming!

And I want one of those cool t-shirts but the email dosen't work so could you inform me on the correct one? Thnx