Monday 8 September 2008

Baby teeth & the last post

I've been doing events for four years and nobody has lost a baby tooth in my presence, but then:

1. Friday, Auckland signing, kids standing in front of me goes 'owww' and produces a tooth.

2. Saturday, Auckland, at dinner with my friend's daughter Lucy when suddenly, 'Oh my god, I just swallowed my tooth!'

3. Sunday, Brisbane, kid riding in the hummer, 'Ahhh.... that wobbly tooth has finally come out.'

How wierd is that...

Anyway, the tour ended with the event at Brisbane Grammar this morning. The seemed a pretty sleepy lot, but it was Monday morning and they were almost all fans.

Thanks to Janet, Chris, Suzy, Teresa and Kathryn who put together a great tour and also to Andrew back in London and all the librarians teachers, parents and fans who came out for events.

Now I'm off for a week of Aussie sun (hopefully). Any kid who's been to one of my events will have heard of my nephew Jarred, and it's kind of cool that this tour ends with me meeting up with the person who inspired me to write CHERUB in the first place.

(If you're lucky, I'll log back in and post a pic of us so you can see what he looks like these days!)

So, signing off until the next Australian tour!

Robert Muchamore

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

jackass, you cant spell weird in any posts!

TomBeasley said...

Yeah Rob. I before E, except after C.

Anonymous said...

...Tom.....no, just no. :P

Anonymous said...

rob, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaseeee post another blog thingy!!

funfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfun!

Anonymous said...

i just lost a tooth!

anyway weird isn't spelt wierd

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for coming to Grammar I used to never read books until I gave The Recruit a shot!